Friday, May 4, 2012

Old Window Message Board- $45

I've been BUSY!  Though I've been working on about 100 projects all at once this week, I'm choosing to only post this one project.  I feel like it turned out so stinkin cute, it deserves a post all it's own.  I wanted to take a break from my furniture projects and bring you something different:)
It's a message board made from an old window frame, chicken wire, and a couple of thin boards painted with chalkboard paint!  I even love how you can see the wood grain showing through!  It adds to the country charm, don't you think?  I painted the frame with a bright sunny yellow and then distressed and glazed it.  Then I added chicken wire (painted white) to the large opening and chalkboards to the small ones. 




You could hang this in your kitchen or create a family message center!  It can hang either vertical or horizontal (hardware is already added for both) and it comes with 5 sweet clothes pins that I embelished with some vintage buttons.  Hang party invites, shopping lists, or photos while keeping track of other lists or reminders on your chalkboards!  I really LOVE how this turned out!  This could be a very unique Mother's Day gift too- just sayin;) 

Here's a closeup of one of the button clothes pins.  There is a yellow, turquoise, green, white, and red one included. 

No comments:

Post a Comment