Saturday, May 26, 2012

Antique Buffet & Loads of Fun:)

How beautiful is this buffet!?!?!  This had to have been the most fun I've had refinishing a piece of furniture EVER!  Not just because of all the curvy lines and beautiful details, but because I actually got to take a break from every day life and stay with my best friend Beth overnight while we worked on it together.  We laughed til our cheeks hurt, ate way too much salsa (homemade I might add), and stayed up way too late.  But it was all worth it.  I always feel recharged after getting to spend time with Beth, and she ended up LOVING how this turned out.  Here is what it looked like before:

Look at these closeups:



Before, the details didn't really stand out. 
But now, you notice the beautiful leaves and flowers, curvy lines, and carvings!  We painted it white, glazed it, and repainted the top to be a solid glossy mahogany brown.
 We even sprayed the hardware with a copper and then an oil rubbed bronze color to give it multiple layers of color.  It really looks like its been that color forever! 
Beth also has a matching dining table, chairs, and hutch that will eventually get the same treatment.  It may be a while before I get to see her again, but I will never forget how much fun we had working on this project together!  Love ya Beth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment