Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shabby Green Night Stand- $40- SOLD


Ladies & Gentlemen!  Here is the first finished piece I've been promising you for several days now (sorry I got sick and got behind)!  This sweet little number is the first piece of furniture that I've done using chalk paint.  I custom mixed it using an oops paint I picked up over the weekend.  The oops paint was very dark but I could tell it could be watered down into a beautiful color and boy was I right!!!  This color (though it looks kinda aqua in the pics) is a very light and airy sage green.  I'm dubbing it Shabby Sage:).  I distressed her (yes she's definitely a girl. Just look at those curves!) as you can see in the pics below and then finished her off with 2 coats of wax.  The finish is like BUTTA! It is so smooth with all the brush strokes buffed out!  The knobs were beautiful but very bright brass so I toned them down by dry-brushing them with white and now they look much more fitting of this style. 
Here are her dimensions:  29 1/4" wide by 28 1/2" tall by 16" deep.  Also, the bottom drawer looks like it is two separate drawers but it's actually one deep drawer (next time I'll be sure to take pics of those kind of details too.  Give me a break. I'm a blogger beginner!).  I'm asking $40 for her (accessories in pic not included), so let me know if you might make a good home for her:)  I will only let her go to a good home where she will be treated like the shabby chic princess that she is, so you might want to be ready to be interviewed before taking her home.  Ha! 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty girl! I have nothing that would match it but I would totally impulse buy it!! =)

    ReplyDelete