Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Lovely Little Girl's Room


I have been wanting to blog about this project for a while now, but am just now getting to it.  This was a custom project for a friend's daughter's room.  Her mommy brought me a chest of drawers that had been in their family for years (I think it was Rylie's daddy's from when he was a kid). It was very cute but was definitely well loved over the years.  As you can see in the bottom left corner of the pic above, some of the veneer was chipping off and the white paint needed to be refreshed.  So I came up with this custom color based on a picture we found on Pinterest, and I cut some thin wood to place over the chipped areas.  I painted it and then lightly sanded to give the finish an extremely smooth finish.  Then I waxed it and it came out so cute!  Then I got to do her bed:)




She found this cute headboard and footboard on Craigslist. It was a very shiny white that had some stickers stuck on it.  I cleaned it really good, primed, and painted it to match the chest of drawers.  And her mommy was sweet enough to send me a pic of her room finished. I think she did an amazing job and I'm so glad I got to be apart of it! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment